Thursday, August 04, 2005

Grease!

This is a special one - I was just playing "Those Magic Changes" on the guitar and was suddenly bowled over like a wicket(?) by this huge gust of nostalgia (Apologies to purists in case of mixed metaphors. Which is possible. Or probably just happened). Shucks, Grease is a wonderful movie. Any time I watch it I feel great! As far as I remember, for a long time John Travolta was my favourite actor. Apart from Christopher Reeve of course, but then Superman doesn't count! And while on that little avenue how about Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, eh?

Now there is of course this little fact that I was not really aware of any other actor apart from Travolta at the timeI first saw the movie! Still...I used to practice walking like Danny Zukav, swaggering just like he did, and imagining I was a member of the T-Birds. What a cool gang! The part I remember most vividly is of course the "Blue Moon" thingy at the National Bandstand which was being telecast live! And the next scene of course - "The FBI have ways to find out who you are" (or something like that) !!!!! I still chuckle my guts out everytime I think about it!

Hmm...soon it will be September and time for a few birthdays...and there are three of that number whom I wonder ifI shall ever speak to again. These people have just disappeared around me! God knows where they are and what they are doing! Shucks. C'est la Vie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home