Thursday, August 04, 2005

Just By The Way

I just noticed...I have used what I think, but am not sure are mixed metaphors. Now I saw that little phrase pop up twice in a row on the previous blogs, and decided to try for a hat-trick! yay! How arbit am I?

In college I have decided to major in Fin. Now Finance is quite fascinating..especially the part where you keep on striving to keep up with the profs only to find that they have shifted base to another level. The dashed subject is absorbing but takes a lot out of one in terms of sheer effort needed. I mean I already have a shelf stuffed silly with all these hugish books. Better start picking away at them with even more vigour than before. Which should be easy considering the vigour I put into it in the first place.

I also realise I miss having the time to read as widely and as much as I used to. I am taking ages to read these books I would finish in one sitting earlier. Gone are the days when I used to issue two books from the library, and borrow a couple more from my friends to be returned the next day. I would read two books the same day, and finish a third on my way to school. That would leave me with only one book for the rest of the week which would be unbearable. So I would practically read through all the books my friends had issued for the week, by borrowing from one after the other!

In fact the best part of my life since coming to Delhi was in my opinion when I was at home for two weeks with chicken-pox! I read, read, read and then some! That was the time I read through all the Asimov I could lay my hands on! Then there was Carl Sagan, Michael Crichton, P.G. Wodehouse and some other stuff...I went through like twenty something books in that period! That was the life.....


And now I have to slave! Waaaaahh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kanav/Rishi/Kaul,

I was quite and avid reader of your blog when you started it and thought you had some really good content flowing...

then you stopped...

then i came back a zillion times and there was nothing new...

and i thought you had stopped...

and today, just because my "corporate" life has come to a griiiinding halt due to a mailbox crash, i visited all the forgotten websites, and saw that you have started...

again...

don't stop now...

I know you are capable of much much better content than what you are writing now...

"We" the corporate denizens...

will wait...

till then...

:-))

2:17 PM  
Blogger N said...

UPDATE!!!

And for god's sake, put up a shoutbox so at least we can shout and trouble you when you don't!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home